Thursday, February 25, 2010

Past Collections into the Future..


Happy Thursday everyone!

The song for this post is Glory Box by Portishead - love the beats and the smooth rhythm of the music.




I am in somewhat of a nostalgic period of my sl lately. I have been searching for items I used to have, and pulling out some of my old favorites. In case you don't know, I returned to sl in December after a 6 month hiatus to find my inventory completely wiped out. Of course I was disappointed at the reality of losing so much inventory - I mean I spent a fortune in clothing, furniture, stuff for my land, etc. But I have to say, the hardest part for me is losing things that I loved and wore often but just can't seem to find or replace now. Either the store is out of business, or I can't remember the name of the item or where it was from for the life of me. Six months is a long time to be gone and be able to remember details of a specific tattoo, necklace or top I loved. So basically, I go on these 2 day rampages where I try to locate some of my favorite things - usually stemmed from me remember something I lost.

Lately, I have been searching Xstreet for outfits from previous Paper Couture Collections. I am so pleased that these items are still available. Also, have been requesting a resend from items I purchased at shoparmidi. How wonderful is it that I can have any item I purchased in the past resent (3 items at a time I think).

That said..both of these outfits are inspired by Paper Couture - bringing past collections into the future.

Hair from Nikita..lots of fantasy hair in this store - not normally my style but these two went perfectly with my look for these pics. The hair is made beautifully and movement in flexi is amazing - just standing still and the hair moves as if it is blowing in the wind - I love it.



I have to mention this sim where the pics are taken..I actually saw it on a post this morning and went to check it out. I immediately knew my next post was going to be photographed there. If you put on the music, it really comes to life.



What I am wearing (Sisely)...

Outfit 1
Healing Giraffe Bangle from Armidi
p.c: romantic soliloquy (jacket and hoop skirt)
p.c; faceted diamond arrangement (earrings and necklace)
Hair - Nikita
Red Python pants from (Red Zora Outfit from the future is now event)
Baiastice Destructural Boots (from the future is now event)
Ibizarre Nails
mijn.t Vaudeville je t'aime corset
sheer leggins zebra
lara skin smokey
eyelashes cake
[bubble] face tat
armidi healing tiger bangle - fire
p.c; water over wine ring

outfit2
p.c; Snowdrift Suit (pants and jacket)

p.c; faceted diamond arrangement (earrings and necklace)
Hair - Nikita
Lara Skin
Shade Throne Bangles
O! Bleak Gaga Black Snake Heel
Ibizarre Nails
[bubble] face tat
fri.day Wide Waist Belt

add full soliloquay outfit plus snakeskin bangles from armidi

No comments:

Post a Comment